Imagery Dimension 1st International Online Festival for art+innovation
Imagery Dimension will honor those creators who virtuously synthesize innovative technology and outstanding artistic talent within the following categories: plastic, photography, technologic, short film and audiovisual contemporary art.
The Festival will be held online and presented to the contacts of all media collaborators as well as to the 120,000 VideoArtWorld subscribers, included among them are curators, galleries, institutions, collectors and related professionals in the field. We hope everyone enjoys navigating the imagery dimension!
: : Manifesto : :
Open your imagery dimension :: alternative realities for the industry of thought
- id+affairs> promoting creative endeavors that explore innovative technologies and ideas in collaboration with devoted institutions and professionals under equitable terms.
- id+markets> generating and consolidating fair value for contemporary art and innovation, reaching the interest and support of both public and private sectors.
- id+rights> encouraging creators to exercise their rights on authorship using licenses that best suit each specific creation, medium and scope.
- id+ethics> supporting policies that seek transparency, fair conduct and appropriate procedures among professionals towards a sustainable economy for the intangible.
: : Dates : :
- Open Call for submissions : EXTENDED March 31st, 2012
- Offline presentation : 4pm, February 9th, 2012. Kinetica Art Fair, London
- Winners auction sale : July 14th, 2012. Bridgehampton, New York
: : Jury : :
- Brian Apple : Art critic and consultant specialized in contemporary photography, professor at the School of Visual Arts, New York
- Don Foresta : Director of Multimedia Art Research and Electronic Laboratoires (MARCEL) at European Center of Nuclear Research (CERN), Geneva
- Geraldine Gomez : Director of audiovisual programs at Centre Pompidou, Paris
- Rosina Gomez-Baeza : Cultural manager, former director of LABoral Art and Industrial Creation Center, Gijón and former director of ARCO Fair, Madrid
- Menene Gras : Curator and exhibitions director of Casa Asia, Madrid/Barcelona
- Gye-Joong Kim : Director of Seoul Experimental Film Festival (EXiS), Seoul
- Tony Langford : Director of Kinetica Fair, London
- Amanda MacDonald Crowley : Art Curator and former director of EYEBEAM Art+Technology Center, New York
- Macu Moran : Art Curator, former new markets director for artnet.com, New York and director of VideoArtWorld, Madrid/New York
- Oscar Peyrou : President of Spanish Association of Cinema Press, delegate of The International Federation of Film Critics(FIPRESCI) and delegate of the Federation of Film Critics of Europe and the Mediterranean (FEDEORA)
- Berta Sichel : Art curator, former director of audiovisuals for the National Museum Art Center Reina Sofia (MNCARS), Madrid
- Raul Zamudio : Art critic, writer and curator, former curator of Seoul Media Bienale and professor at John Jay College, Kean University and Parsons the New School for Design, New York
: : Categories : :
- Plastic: Painting, graphic, sculpture and installation
- Photography: Digital, analog and photomontage
- Technologic: Robotic-art, electronic-art, kinetic-art, bio-art, nano-art, light-art, virtual-art, interactive-art, software-art, game-art, sound-art, engineering-art, data visualization, cyberculture and net-art
- Short-film: Fiction short-film, animation short-film, documentary and docu-fiction.
- Audiovisual Contemporary Art: Video creation, Expanded painting, expanded photography, performance, video animation, single channel, video installation and experimental cinema.